SUNDAY, APRIL 23 THROUGH SUNDAY, APRIL 30 – LAUREL PARK PLACE, LIVONIA
I'm going to let you in on a secret. There are tons of brand new and one time read books here. If you're looking for specific books, bring your list and bring a friend for help searching! Not only will you find great deals, but you'll be by buying books that you'd buy anyway and contributing to an amazing cause as the same time. Come out and support literacy programs and buy a few books!
Looking for audiobooks? They have them! Nonfiction titles? They have them. Children's books? They have those too! There is a amazingly huge selection of books and other media.
It's such a joy to be around all of these books and book lovers. Fellow shoppers will not only help you search for a book, but will sometimes recommend good reads as well. I have a great time searching for titles and chatting with others looking the same table(s). I hope that you'll check it out this year. I'll be there early during the pre-sale on day one. If you see me, be sure to say hello! Stay tuned because I 'll be doing a video book haul on my YouTube channel following Bookstock 2017.
Bargains abound at Bookstock, metro Detroit’s biggest and best used book and media sale, where proceeds benefit literacy and education projects in metropolitan Detroit. Detroit Free Press columnist Rochelle Riley and Detroit News columnist Neal Rubin are Honorary Co-Chairs of Bookstock and the Mike Morse Law Firm is Bookstock’s 2017 Presenting Sponsor.
Bookstock’s Pre-Sale will kick-off on Sunday, April 23 at 8:15 a.m. with a performance by Livonia’s Churchill High School Drumline. There is a $20 admission charge for the Pre-Sale only, which runs through 11 a.m. and offers savvy shoppers and collectors first crack at Bookstock’s treasure trove of bargains. Bookstock has over 200,000 donated used books, DVDs, CDs, books on tape, magazines and records for sale at bargain basement prices. The sale will continue through Sunday, April 30, running Sundays, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. and Monday through Saturday 10 a.m. – 9p.m.
- Monday Madness – Monday, April 24: The first 1,000 shoppers will receive spectacular giveaways and one lucky shopper will receive a $500 VISA gift card.
- Teacher Appreciation Day – Tuesday, April 25: Bookstock is celebrating teachers by giving 50% off to all teachers with a valid ID from 3–9 p.m. At 5 p.m., the Bookstock B.E.S.T.* Awards, (BookstockExtraordinary Student/School/Teacher)will be presented to fourth grade students from Detroit Public Schools Community District who write the best essays entitled, “My Favorite Book Character…and Why.” A WDIV TV personality, will present the awards live,and cash prizes will be given to five students, their teachers and their schools.
- Cookstock – Wednesday, April 26: Bookstock will feature the area’s largest collection of gently used cookbooks, and local TV celebrities Tati Amare (WDIV- 4), Carolyn Clifford (WXYZ-7) and Sherry Margolis (Fox 2) will announce the winners of the first Cookstock Recipe Contest at 5 .pm. at Bookstock, the first recipe contest to benefit literacy in Michigan!
- Bookbuster Special Days – Thursday, April 27 and Friday, April 28: Buy three books and get the fourth book *free (*least expensive item) from 3 – 9 p.m. Spend $25 or more either night and be entered in a special drawing for:
- 4 tickets to a Red Wings game in the new Little Caesars Arena
- A piece of the Palace floor signed by Pistons Bad Boy Bill Laimbeer
- A two night stay and two rounds of Golf for two people at Treetops Resort in Gaylord
- Half Price Finale, Sunday, April 30: All books and media will be sold for half price!
Marking 15 years of supporting the need to read, Bookstock has generated nearly $1.7 million for literacy and education projects throughout Oakland County and Detroit. More than 800 volunteers work together throughout the year to organize and staff the weeklong Bookstock sale.
Bookstock is brought to the community by the Jewish Community Relations Council/AJC, and a consortium of non-profit organizations that support education and literacy projects throughout metro Detroit. For more information about Bookstook, call the Bookstock hotline, (248) 645-7840, ext. 365, or visit bookstockmi.org. Laurel Park Place is located on 6 Mile Road east of I-275 in Livonia.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/BookstockMI
Twitter: @BookstockMI - Follow all things Bookstock using hashtag #BookstockMI