I am an avid audiobook advocate. I enjoy a good book regardless if it's consumed by my eyes or ears. There are so many reasons why a audiobook appeals to me and one reason is that a good narrator can make the experience memorable and take the story to the next level. A narrator can make or break s story. If you're new to audiobooks or are looking for some recommendations, I'm sharing with you my top go-to narrators to get you started on your holiday listening, All of the narrators that I've selected have narrated a variety of genres, so no matter what your favorite genre is, one of these awesome voices will lure you into putting on the headphones!
Before you go, enter the awesome audiobook giveaway at the bottom of this post. Enter to win a fantastic selection of 10 audiobooks that have been generously donated by Galaxy Press, Hachette Audio, Harper Audio, High Bridge Audio, Macmillan, Penguin Random House Audio, and Post Hypnotic Press, Scholastic,Simon & Schuster Audio, and Tantor Audio. This giveaway is US/Canada only and will close at midnight (11:59 pm ET) on November 30, 2017. Be sure to visit the other bloggers on this blog tour, check out the schedule here.
Tamara's Top 5 Audiobook Narrators
- Tim Gerard Reynolds - Reynolds is known for several popular series, including the Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown. He's also lent his voice to novels by Tana French, Michael J. Sullivan, and more.
- Jennifer Ikeda - She's well known for the A Discovery of Witches trilogy by Deborah Harkness and the first two books in the A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas.
- Lorelei King - King lends her voice to one of my favorite Urban Fantasy series of all time, The Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. She's also narrated several well known series like the Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones and many novels by Janet Evanovich.
- Scott Brick - Brick narrated one of my favorite science fiction/dystopian vampire trilogies. The Passage Trilogy by Justin Cronin. He's narrated audiobooks written by Michael Crichton, Nelson DeMille, and more.
- Tavia Gilbert - I first became acquainted with the voice of Tavia Gilbert while binge listening to the Night Huntress and Night Prince series by Jeaniene Frost. She's also narrated Marcia Clark's 2016 release Blood Defense, and many more.
- Rebecca Soler (Lunar Chronicle series and Renegades by Marissa Meyer)
- Eric G Dove (Fallen Angels series by J.R. Ward)
Christmas comes early this year for one lucky Shelf Addiction reader! Earn as few or as many entries as you like. Good luck!
Want even more chances to win? Check out the other bloggers participating in the November Voices on the Road Blog Tour & Giveaway! Visit the blogs and read their audiobook recommendations they are sharing.
US and Canada ONLY! Enter to win a fantastic selection of 10 audiobooks that have been generously donated by Galaxy Press, Hachette Audio, Harper Audio, High Bridge Audio, Macmillan, Penguin Random House Audio, and Post Hypnotic Press, Scholastic,Simon & Schuster Audio, and Tantor Audio.
-You MUST be at least 18 years old to enter or have parental permission.
-Giveaways are open to US & Canada residents only.
-The winner will be notified via the contact email provided on the contact form.
-All entries will be verified.
-If you only use ONE account to do all these tasks and enter under different names, they will still only constitute as ONE entry.
-The winner will have 2 business days to claim the prize or another winner will be chosen.
DISCLOSURE: This giveaway is sponsored the Audio Publishers Association.